Fellers' Cake Bake
Contest Announcement & Rules
Purpose: The purpose of the Fellers' Cake Bake Contest is threefold:
1. To provide all Cub Scouts and their male friends and associates (like brothers, dads, grandpas, uncles, etc.) an opportunity and excuse to wreak havoc on their kitchens.
2. To attempt to create a gourmet dessert that rivals anything the Waldorf-Astoria can dish out.
3. To win for having tried your dangdest to make a cake that looks, sounds, smells, feels, and tastes edible.
Prizes: To winners in each category and a chance to share some delicious dessert with everyone else. The judging categories this year are:
100 Years of Scouting
All rules must be followed.
1. Only male cooks, advisors, and cleanup crews are allowed to participate. No advice, instructions, or help of any sort is allowed from the "girls."
2. The cake and all decorations must be completely edible. No plastic, wax, wood, or any other inedible materials are allowed as part of the cake.
3. Cake and icing mixes are allowed; however, it has been past contestants' experience that the more from scratch you make it the messier it can get. And the messier it gets, the more fun you have doing it.
4. Members of the "fairer sex" (moms, sisters, grandmas, aunts, etc.) are encouraged to watch, enjoy, and laugh about the experience. Photo opportunities abound!
5. Entries will be placed on tables in the back of the hall. The judges will determine against which category(ies) each cake will be judged. Judging will begin promptly at 1:30.
6. Determine if your cake will be auctioned or eaten with the Pack.